Concertina stock (GWR)
Concertina coaches were first introduced in 1906 with 70ft underframes, but even with a 9ft width, the doors still had to be inset. Looking along the train saw the coaches living up to their name by resembling the bellows of a concertina, a popular musical instrument at the time. The picture shows a CPL D43 Brake third as No 7680, still with it's hammered glass toplights in place, some of which were plated over in their later years of service.
The handbrake stanchions for the F13 slip version had locking clamps, and these are available as well as the steam & vacuum pipes, buffers, grab & door handles, jumper cables and corridor connections. These are listed separately for the benefit of scratchbuilders, as well as transfers and destination boards, while accessories like passengers, partitions, luggage and overhead racks etc, can be found in the interiors section.
F13 double slip compartment side etch - 7mm - £20